For 900 years, electing a pope has been the prerogative of the College of Cardinals meeting in conclave. The cardinals meet in Rome 15 to 20 days after the death of a pope and pick a successor from among themselves in secret balloting. Pope John Paul II wrote the rules for electing his successor.
Popular This Week
The second Eucharistic miracle of Siena has roots in the 13th century when special services and festivities were introduced in honor o...
Did you know that the bodies of some Saints did not Decay? Some in parts while others are total... The Incorruptibles, a great Mystery! ...
Praying through Mary is not expressly written in the Bible, it is rather an outcome of a mature understanding of the "Communion of Sa...
This is an excerpt from an argument made in a forum between some none Catholics and the creator of this blog, Gabrielmary Ken Alimba (...
Follow on Google+
abortion (1) Anglican (1) Annunciation (1) Apocrypha (1) Apostles (1) Assumption (2) Benedict XVI (12) Black Mass (1) Blessed Trinity (1) Canonization (2) Catholic (7) Catholic Apologetics (8) Catholic Humor (2) Christmas (1) Confession (1) Curia (1) Curia Reform (1) Dea (1) Devil (2) Didache (1) Dogma (1) Encyclical (1) Eucharist (1) Eucharistic Miracles (1) Excommunication (1) Fear (1) Forgiveness (2) Freedom (1) Gaudete (1) Gay Marriage (1) heresy (1) Holy Spirit (1) Homosexual (1) Immaculate Conception (1) Jesus (2) John Paul II (3) John XXIII (1) Love (3) Mary (1) mass (1) Persecuted Church (1) Poems (2) Pontifex (1) Pope (2) Pope Francis (25) Pope Pius XII. (1) Prayer (1) Preaching (1) Priest (4) Prophesy (1) Purgatory (1) Roman Parish (1) Sacrament (1) Satanic Mass (1) sermon (1) Sex (1) Sin (2) Superstition (1) Virgin Mary (2) Vision (1) Witches (1)
- Evolution of the Kingdom of Darkness
- URBI ET ORBI MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE BENEDICT...
- Solemnity of the Nativity of the Lord; HOMILY OF H...
- Pope's Christmas Message
- What is Contemplation?
- VISIT TO THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
- Pope Benedict XVI Issues Decree for Saint Causes; ...
- Chinese man blows £100,000 life savings on buildin...
- MARY'S FAITH IN THE LIGHT OF THE MYSTERY OF THE AN...
- Voting a Pope; Election Procedure
- Papal Health Concerns? Pope Benedict XVI is Tired ...
- Selecting a Pope; The Results
- Selecting a Pope
- How a Pope is Selected
- The Didache: The Teachings of the Apostles
- Letter of Pilate to Tiberius
- The Account of St. John the Theologian of the Fall...
- Pope: Gaudete Mass at Roman Parish
- Pope passes 2 million followers
- Pope 'deeply saddened' by Connecticut shooting
- Some common causes of unhappiness in man
- Readings for the 3rd Sunday of Advent
- Pope's Message "Blessed are the Peacemakers"
- THE TWELVE ARTICLES OF FAITH OF THE CATHOLIC CHURC...
- Five Models of Faith for Advent
- November (1)
- October (6)
- September (1)
- December (26)
©2013 Catholic and Proud. Powered by Blogger.